KOREAN WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION
The KWVA, Indiana Chapter One will have the last meeting of the year on December 8th at 9am. Social hour will be at 7:30am. We meet at the American Legion Post 82, Harris Road. All members are urged to attend as well as spouses and friends. Installation of the new officers will be held.
ELIGIBILITY FOR AMERICAN LEGION MEMBERSHIP
Want to join the American Legion? Not sure if you’re eligible? Here are the eligibility dates:
CIVIL WAR 1861 – 1865
WWI 4/6/17 – 11/11/18
WWII 12/7/41 – 12/31/46
Korea 6/25/50 – 1/31/55
Vietnam 2/28/61 – 5/7/75
9/24/82 – 7/31/84
Panama 12/20/89 – 1/31/90
Desert Storm 8/2/90 – Close date pending
Sign up now. The dues will increase from $20 per year to $25 per year starting January 1, 2002.
DAVID PARRISH POST 296 HOURS
The Post is open for business at 11am every day.
Post Telephone 456-2988
Lawrence Thiele 436-5258
J. David Morrow 833-1286
Philmore Ader 456-5206
Adjutant Dave Kreischer 432-5433
Donald Westerman 745-3018
Lance DeBolt 478-7738
Karen Dumont 639-3045
John Moody, Jr. 497-8016
Editor Lois Spitler 478-9164
FORT MIAMI POST #10006 V.F.W.
6814 S. Anthony Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46816
IN MEMORY OF:
H. E. Grosenbacher
Henry L. Dehner
Carl C. Lynch, Sr.
Robert E. Hamilton
KEKIONGA V.F.W. POST #1421
7712 Bluffton Road
Waynedale, IN 46809
IN MEMORY OF:
Harold “Con” Evans – Past Post Commander
Comrade – Richard A. Vonderhaar
SERVING LUNCH 11AM TO 1PM
Tuesday * Wednesday * Thursday
NO LUNCH THANKSGIVING WEEK
AMERICAN LEGION POST #241
7605 Bluffton Road
Waynedale, IN 46809
FROM OUR KITCHEN at Post 241
Mary Bailer, our new cook above says:
“Try one of my specials.”
Monday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and veg.
Tuesday: Pork Chop, mashed potatoes, and veg.
Wednesday: Swiss Steak, mashed potatoes and veg.
Thursday: Broasted Chicken, mashed potatoes and veg.
Friday: Fish, French Fries, veg.
We also have homemade soup and chili.
241’s CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PARTY
For Children ages 1 through 10 – Santa will be here with gifts.
Deadline for sign up is November 23.
SONS OF AMERICAN LEGION SQUADRON #241
4th DISTRICT S.A.L. 9 PIN NO-TAP BENEFITING CHILD WELFARE
To be held at Little Turtle’s Roanoke Lanes, US 24 in Beautiful Roanoke, Indiana, just down the road a ways. Open to all Legion family members. Bowlers and no-bowlers will have fun. Prize money will be based on handicap scores (80%). See rules sheet for average and other info. 50% of prize money will be donated to child welfare in bowlers’ name and Squadron number or Post # / Unit # whichever is applicable.
Pledge forms available – not required but appreciated. Cost $10 ($5.50 prize money and $4.50 linage) with shoe rental extra. Mail entries to Barry Confer, 2905 Waynedale Blvd. Fort Wayne, IN 46809-2357 – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
RULES FOR NO-TAP
Handicap Tournament all prizes will be based on handicap scores ONLY.
2. Handicap will be 80% difference of bowler’s average from 210.
3. Bowlers over 215 average will bowl – 50% from average – 210 example 216 average –210=6X.50=-3 pins per game, no exceptions.
4. 50% of bowler’s prize money will be donated to Child Welfare in bowlers name and Squadron number.
5. All other ABC-WIBC Rules will apply. Not a sanctioned event.
6. Tournament Directors decisions are final.
7. All bowlers are required to have fun, failure may result in fine, ($5 maximum) donated to Child Welfare of course.
8. Optional 300 Game Pot may be collected before bowling starts, Cost is $5. This will be divided equally to all 300’s bowled during that Squad. If no 300 game the money will be donated to Child Welfare.
Please pick-up pledge sheets and have filled out to help raise as much money as possible. Thank you for your support.
> Read More Information About Us
> More Articles Written By Our Staff
Latest posts by The Waynedale News Staff (see all)
- KENNETH PAUL HITZEMAN, 71 - December 8, 2017
- VERN E. “JUNIOR” BOOKER, 76 - December 8, 2017
- EQUIPMENT & MANPOWER READY TO CLEAR HIGHWAYS THIS WINTER - December 8, 2017