Beginning July 1, 2021, face masks will no longer be required in Fort Wayne Community Schools’ buildings for those who have received the COVID-19 vaccination.
With Gov. Eric Holcomb’s Executive Order mandating face masks on school grounds ending June 30, FWCS has established the following guidelines:
– Face masks are strongly encouraged indoors at FWCS elementary schools for all students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grades.
– Unvaccinated staff members are expected to wear face masks while inside any FWCS building.
– Unvaccinated middle and high school students are expected to wear face masks while inside any FWCS building.
– Face masks are required for all visitors, including parents, unless proof of vaccination is presented.
– Masks are not required to be worn by students, staff, or visitors when outside except by high risk individuals.
– Masks are required to be worn at all times by students and all staff while on a school bus.
These guidelines are expected to remain in place for the 2021-22 school year. Additional guidelines, including social distancing and contact tracing, will be established prior to the start of the 2021-22 school year.
- HOW DID COVID-19 IMPACT ACADEMICS? - July 30, 2021
- NEARLY 500 FORT WAYNE FAMILIES TO HAVE ACCESS TO FRESH PRODUCE THROUGH ‘GOOD FOOD FOR ALL’ - July 30, 2021
- BIG SISTER SALSA IS GOING BACK HOME AGAIN TO THE INDIANA STATE FAIR! - July 30, 2021