Due to leaves falling early, the City of Fort Wayne will begin collecting biodegradable bags filled with leaves on Monday, October 16. Residents may begin scheduling bag pick-ups on Friday, October 13. This year’s leaf pick-up will run through December 15, but weather conditions or the volume of leaves in a particular area may cause the planned schedule to shift slightly. To keep residents informed of any changes in the schedule, leaf collection updates will be provided daily before 3:00 p.m. at cityoffortwayne.org/leaves. The daily updates will include what neighborhood the crews will be working in the following day. A collection map and guidelines for the process will also be located on the web page. Additionally, residents have the option to call 260-427-2302 to hear recorded daily updates.
The 2023 Fort Wayne Leaf Pick-Up schedule
- North Neighborhoods, October 30 – November 3 & November 27 – December 1
- Central Neighborhoods, November 6 – November 9 & December 4 – December 8
- South Neighborhoods, November 13 – November 17 & December 11 – December 15
There will be no leaf collection on November 10 for Veterans Day or November 23 -24 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Residents are asked to rake leaves to the curb or park strip in front of their home, but NOT in the street. Leaves should be in the pick-up area by Monday at 7:00 a.m. on the collection week.
- Rake leaves to the park strip by 7:00 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
- Don’t put leaves in your trash or recycling cart.
- Don’t burn leaves. It’s a violation of the City Code and can result in a fine.
- Don’t place leaves in the street.
- Don’t place leaves in or over storm drains.
- Parents should remind children not to play in leaf piles near the street for safety and to assist motorists.
Those who would like the flexibility of having leaves collected at their convenience may use the biodegradable bag system. Residents with bagged leaves are asked to call 311 to schedule a pick-up. The bags need to be placed at the curb prior to calling 311. Bagged leaf collection will run through the end of 2023, weather permitting.
- Community Harvest Food Bank Thanks Record Largest Volunteer Group - November 24, 2023
- Fantasy Of Lights Brings Back Favorites & Grows Again - November 24, 2023
- Bid On Holiday Wreaths To Support Community Improvement Cause - November 24, 2023