The Allen County Department of Health is partnering with Walgreens to offer free, confidential HIV testing on National HIV Testing Day later this month.
Free rapid HIV testing will be available Wednesday, June 27 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Walgreens, 110 E. Creighton Ave. No appointment is necessary, and results are provided in 20 minutes.
“Everyone should know their HIV status,” said Kathy Thornson, director of HIV/STD Prevention for the Allen County Department of Health. “Getting tested is easier than ever, and for anyone living with undiagnosed HIV it’s the first step in maintaining a healthy life and reducing its spread.”
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends HIV testing as part of routine health care. An estimated 1.1 million people in the United States are living with HIV and about 1 in 7 are unaware of their status.
Other confidential HIV testing opportunities provided by the Department regularly include:
• Allen County Department of Health Medical Annex 4813 New Haven Ave. (260) 449-7504 by appointment Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Department off-site clinics:
– 519 Oxford St. Wednesdays 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
– Walgreens, 110 E. Creighton Ave. Wednesdays 11 a.m.–1 p.m. Call (260) 449-4369 for questions
To find other testing locations near you, visit gettested.cdc.gov or text your zip code to KNOWIT (566948).
- MIKE’S CARWASH RAISES $26,000 FOR BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS - November 20, 2020
- VIRTUAL HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR TO FILL THE LIVE CHRISTMAS ENTERTAINMENT VOID - November 20, 2020
- HEADWATERS PARK ICE RINK OFFERS POSITIVE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES - November 20, 2020