THE ANTHONY WAYNE AREA COUNCIL, BSA IS PROUD TO PRESENT – “A SHINING LIGHT ACROSS AMERICA”
(The general public is invited to participate with the Boy Scouts in this event)
An amazing stage show broadcast live from the 2010 National Scout Jamboree from Fort A. P. Hill in Virginia. This event, which is open to everyone (Scouts and public alike) will be the gala event of the 100th anniversary celebration. It will mark the first time in our history that the entire Scouting family has come together for a single, nationwide opportunity to celebrate and reflect. This will take place July 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
Entertainment: Key Note Speaker Giovanni Livera – a motivational speaker & magician will be performing “Anything is Possible”. (www.givanniexperiences.com).
Three Amigos & Silly Mascot Invitational Olympics – Come see all the area mascots compete and perform along side T.C. the Tiger Cub, Akela the Wolf and Baloo the Bear.
FUN! FUN! FUN! – Climbing Wall & Obstacle Course – Air Zoo G-16 Procedures Trainer – Tag Art face painting, tattoos, storytelling – Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo – Science Central
1) Two-way Satellite Transmission of our event (we are one of six locations across the US!) to the National Jamboree and all other Shining Light Gatherings.
2) Miami Nation of Indiana special ceremonial dance and drumming.
3) Live Webcam of our Council Contingent from Fort A. P. Hill. See your family/friends live from Virginia!
4) Special T-Shirts and 100th Anniversary items will be available.
5) Special Event Only Keepsakes, Coupons, Giveaways, Door Prizes, and More!
6) Canlan Ice Sports with Bounce Mania.
The 100th Anniversary Planning Team wishes to let all Scouts, as well as the general public know that they need to buy group tickets by July 16th in order to be assured of receiving a goody bag as well as group seating.
Discounted Pre-Sale Tickets are available through Ticketmaster and Allen County War Memorial Coliseum box office using Passcode BSA2010. We encourage all units and other interested groups to sit together if possible, so order in bulk. To avoid extra fees visit the box office directly. Contact Sarah Archer for more information or to sponsor this event at 260-432-9593 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.