The end of school is right around the corner, with the long, lazy summer months stretching ahead. What will your daughter, granddaughter or niece do this summer to stay active and engaged? Why not sign her up for Girl Scout summer camp, where girls of all ages can “Imagine, Explore, and Achieve” their wildest dreams? Summer camp is an opportunity to try new activities, learn leadership skills, make friends, have fun and create lifetime memories. Girls don’t have to be a Girl Scout to register. Camp options include:
– Weeklong camps: Girls can choose a Classic or Horse option. Activities include water Quidditch, Zumba, archery, swimming, crafts, badge opportunities, boating, horseback riding and STEM projects.
– Horse Camp: Girls groom, tack, feed and ride our stable of 12 horses, and have time to explore traditional camp activities at this residential camp.
– Teen Week (June 30-July 5): Teens (completed Grade 6 and up) can choose Classic Camp, Horse Camp or Glamping. Glampers sleep indoors, prepare healthy meals and practice yoga.
– Space Camp: At this weeklong day camp, girls explore outer space and earn space-science badges. Girls will also round out their days with archery, low ropes, nature hikes, zip line and climbing wall.
– Leadership opportunities: Available for Counselors in Training, Wranglers in Training and Program Aides.
Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouts® helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, enabling them to succeed as leaders today and tomorrow. Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana provides leadership experiences for more than 6,000 girls ages 5-17. They are guided by more than 3,000 adult volunteers who mentor them and work behind-the-scenes to support Girl Scouts and our mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
- LOCAL GIRLSCOUTS DELIVER FREE COOKIES TO FORT WAYNE VA MEDICAL - May 22, 2020
- JOHN STOFFEL – Dist. 50 – IN House of Representatives - May 22, 2020
- GARDENING DURING QUARANTINE – Green-Thumb Gardener - May 22, 2020