FWCS’ Health and Wellness staff will offer testing from 5-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday beginning Monday, Oct. 18, at three sites: North Side, Northrop and South Side high schools.
The testing is primarily for those who have been quarantined to be able to return after a 7-day quarantine instead of a 10-day quarantine. Students and staff now will be able to return earlier if they provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken on day five, six or seven after exposure. Results from any official testing site (no home tests) will be accepted for early return.
The testing sites will also be available for those students who call into school sick with possible COVID-19 symptoms.
Testing is free and conducted on a walk-in basis.
• North Side High School, 475 E. State Blvd., Enter Door 7
• Northrop High School, 7001 Coldwater Road, Bruin Room, Enter Door 3
• South Side High School, 3601 S. Calhoun St., Enter Door 2
With nearly 30,000 students, Fort Wayne Community Schools is one of the largest school districts in Indiana. FWCS proudly allows families to choose any of its 50 schools through its successful school-choice program creating diversity in each school, including some with more than 75 languages spoken. FWCS offers seven magnet schools focusing on areas such as science and math, communication, fine arts or Montessori at the elementary and middle school level. In high school, students can choose from the prestigious International Baccalaureate program, Project Lead the Way or New Tech Academy as well as other rigorous academic and specialty training programs.
- Blood Drive In Honor Of Brain Aneurysm Survivor - November 19, 2021
- County Highway Department Prepared For Winter Weather - November 19, 2021
- Erin’s House Lights Of Love Memorial At Parkview Field - November 19, 2021